SCIENCE AND ENGINEERING
Master Of Science In Internet Engineering
The internet has significantly change our day-to-day lives. The creation of web, email, instant messaging, social networking etc have influence the way we interact with one another. A global society has been created where everyone is connected unlike ever before.
In the next decade, the internet will grow exponentially with the increase demand for online services such as health, entertainment, security, and social interactions. fascinating internet applications are being developed and a new environment to support these services are being planned. With the convergence of voice, data and video traffic onto single, network-based platforms, there are high demands for internet specialists who can design, manage and maintain such networks that will build the future internet.
The internet Engineering programme aims at producing engineers who will spearhead the design and direction of the future internet architecture, infrastructure and applications. This programme equips graduates with advanced and profound concepts that underlay the design and implementation of internet-based system. It provides a solid multidisciplinary basis and offers a wide range of specialization opportunities, which can stimulate the creative energies of students. In addition, students will also acquire practical skills that are crucial for entering the job market.
A Master Degree allows graduates to contribute deeply to the body of knowledge, skills and abilities obtained at the Bachelors level. Master Degree programme prepare graduate s for careers in academia as well as industry-based institutions and become experts in their fields of specialisation. Within the area studied, graduates are posited to process advanced knowledge of a specialised body of theoretical and applied topics such as high order skills in analysis, critical evaluation of professional application and the ability to solve a complex problem and think rigorously and independently. The entrance to Master is usually based on proven capabilities to pursue postgraduate studies in the selected fields.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science / Engineering (Electrical, Electronic, Computer, Telecommunication) / Information Technology or related field with a minimum CGPA of 2.5 (on 4-point grading scale) or minimum CGPA of 6.5 (on 10-point grading scale).
- Bachelor's degree in other fields not mentioned above but with three (3) years of working experience in a relevant field and minimum CGPA of 2.5 (on 4-point grading scale) or minimum CGPA of 6.5 (on 10-point grading scale)
- Postgraduate Diploma in Internet Engineering with minimum CGPA of 2.75
ENGLISH LANGUAGE REQUIREMENTS
You must include supporting evidence of your English proficiency if your undergraduate degree was not taught in English. The Supporting evidence can be filled in one of the following forms:
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System)
- TOEFL (Test Of English as a Foreign Language)
- MUET (Malaysia University English Test)
- Network & Internet Engineering Principles
- Internet Communication Protocols
- Internet Security
- Research Methodology
- Wireless and Mobile Communications
- Advanced Web Technologies
- Internet Governance
- Advanced Network Programming
Graduation Criteria - 40 or 44* credits
*There might be a slight variation in the exact course offering, minimum credits and naming of the courses depending on the affiliated universities.
The programme covers the material of the following professional course;
- Certified IPv6 Network Engineer (CNE6)
- Certified IPv6 Security Engineer (CSE6)
- Certified IPv6 Network Programmer (CNP6)
- Certified IPv6 Network Administrator (CCNA)
- Network and Internet Architect
- Network Analyst
- Web Service Engineer
- Senior Network Engineer
- Network Application Manager
- Internet Security Engineer
- System Engineer
- Interner Regulator